It is hard to meet new people when you live inside yourself.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Epilogue

The Following is a letter written by a psychiatrist at the New York Institute of Mental Health.

May 20, 1977

Dear Dr. Cunningham,
I have done an extensive evaluation of the patient that you brought to me. The trauma he suffered has severely impacted his mental functioning. He shows signs of depression, and possibly mild schizophrenia. However, with proper medication, I see no reason that he could not survive in society on his own. I would advise you keep up with the patient, as there is a possibility that he may have a psychotic break from reality if he goes off his medication. There's no reason for concern, as it is unlikely that the delusions of this timid and sheltered man would lead to any harm.

My best regards,
Dr. Cornwell

No comments:

Post a Comment